I'm a huge fan of Pioneer Woman's blog. I haven't made many of her recipes, but I have drooled over every single picture. This morning I was looking through my bookmarks for a new recipe for dinner. I decided to make Drip Beef, also known as Italian Beef.

Her recipe calls for a chuck roast but my grocery store didn't have any, so I was stuck with a rump roast and shoulder roast. I also didn't have any beef broth or consomme, so I ended up using a packet of Au Jus mix. I used a whole jar of Pepperoncini peppers and half a jar of hot banana peppers because I'm spicy like that. I used Italian seasoning. Some people use Italian dressing mix, but I prefer Italian seasoning.

Please ignore the horrible quality of my pictures. I am no Pioneer Woman.  I can't decide which one is worse. 

I made my roasts in the crockpot, cooked on high for about 6 hours. 
 Cheese makes it even better.

                                            That is one big, sloppy sandwich. So sloppy that I ended up having to eat it with a fork because the bottom bun was soggy. The hard part will be keeping myself away from the leftovers tonight.


0 comments